Crimson Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripe's Basic phpBB Code Tutorial.

Go down

Stripe's Basic phpBB Code Tutorial. Empty Stripe's Basic phpBB Code Tutorial.

Post by PowiePuffSwag Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:27 pm

This Is Just A Basic Tutorial For phpBB Forum Codes. I Don't Call It Coding For A Reason, Anyway, phpBB Forum Code Is Read Just Like Any Other Type Of Web Design Coding Such As HTML, Javascript And Of Course PHP. HTML And Other Languages Tell The Browser How Everything Is Supposed To Look, Like The Banner Above You Right Now, It Was Told To Be Centered. With phpBB Codes, The Selected Web Design Language Has To Tell The Browser What To Do If It Processes It's Scripts And See's A Basic Bold Code
Code:
[b]This Text Is Bolded[/b]
It Will Then Execute It Into "This Text Is Bolded" That Is Bascially How We Are Able To See Our Final Product. Here Is A Source Code From This Same Page So You Can See The Selected Web Design Coding Telling The Browser What The phpBB Code Should Look Like.
Code:
<button style="color:cyan" onclick="bbfontstyle('[color=cyan]','[/color]');selectWysiwyg(this,'color');return false">Cyan</button><br /><button style="color:blue" onclick="bbfontstyle('[color=blue]','[/color]');selectWysiwyg(this,'color');return false">Blue</button>

Note:Also XHTML Cannot Be Writtin As phpBB Codes Are. If We Were To Double Up The Codes, Example:
Code:
[b][i]This Is The Same As[/i][/b]
Code:
[b][i]This[/b][/i]
Which Would Be False In HTML.

phpBB Was Created To Keep The Forums Safe From HTML And CSS "Injections" Which Are Codes That Can Potentially Alter Anything On That Same Web Server.

phpBB Allows Us To Use A Scroll Marquee Like So:
Weeee!
Code Used:
Code:
[scroll]Weeee![/scroll]

Code Used:
Code:
[hide]Besides Admins And Moderators, You Will Not Be Able To See This Until You Post.[/hide]

[hl=yellow]Yellow Highlighted Text[/hl]
Code Used:
Code:
[hl=yellow]Yellow Highlighted Text[/hl]

(Unfinished Tutorial.)

PowiePuffSwag
PowiePuffSwag

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum